DREAM ACT - TAKE ACTION
Please call the following key Republican and Democratic Senators and urge them to vote in favor of the DREAM Act. Please distribute widely and share with family, colleagues and friends.
TALKING POINTS ON THE DREAM ACT
WHEN YOU CONTACT YOUR SENATOR'S OFFICE OR LEAVE A MESSAGE:
State your name and where you are calling from. Tell the Senator or his staff you want them to vote yes to support passage of the DREAM Act.
- The DREAM Act provides a path to citizenship for children who were brought to this country by no choice of their own.
- The DREAM Act would legalize approximately 800, 000 young immigrants who entered the United States as children, have been raised here, have excelled in school, and are committed to continued academic attainment or service in our armed forces.
- Passing the DREAM Act would allow a group of talented, multi-lingual and multi-cultural workers to contribute to our tax base and return the investment that taxpayers have made in the public education of these children.
- Many of these kids do not even realize they are “illegal” until years after they came to the U.S., before they can even remember. The U.S. is the only country they ever called home. Now they live in fear of deportation to a country where they may not have any family or have any connection to.
- These kids have the same hopes and dreams as any other kid in America. They want to make the most of their lives and give back to their country.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
EVERY CALL COUNTS AND WE WANT TO CONTINUE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Let us know what state you are from and who you contacted.
- You can call us (202-637-5120)
- or post a message on the LCLAA Facebook page
We look forward to hearing from you! Keep up the pressure!