The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties and supporting office activities for the Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA). Oversee all aspects of general office coordination including membership.
Accountability: The Administrative Assistant is directly accountable to the Executive Director
General Office Administration and Executive Support
- Provides office administrative support in a variety of capacities including filing, printing, telephone support, copier projects, mail processing, purchase orders, expenses, travel authorizations, invoices and supplies control.
- Assists staff with coordinating organization’s meetings including logistics and presentation material.
- Monitors inventory, manages ordering, and tracking financial information for invoices and purchase orders related to office supplies.
- Prepares and handles incoming/outgoing correspondence.
- Assist with overall maintenance of the organization and its offices.
- Assist in arranging for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Research, price and makes recommendations of office furniture, equipment and supplies purchases if needed.
- Interact, Receive and direct visitors.
- May also provide administrative training to volunteers and other support personnel such as interns.
- Maintain records for office space, company credit card and office keys.
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Handle Follow up calls.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director, Deputy Director & staff
- Responsible for handling checks received.
- Responsible for Bank deposits.
- Responsible for LCLAA’s Membership Database management
- Issues membership cards to LCLAA members
- Issues letters and acknowledgments to members
- Handle information requests from LCLAA members and chapters
- Maintains members contacts for communications database
- Assists with logistical work
- Coordinates Conference and Events Registration
- Handles Event registration database
- Supports staff during Events
- Assists in promoting LCLAA events
- Works with staff in coordinating event communications for LCLAA members and allies
- Provides on-site assistance for meetings and conferences as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word (mail merge), Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn internal data required.
- Strong customer service skills, including experience working with a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing multiple responsibilities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written – including effective business writing.
- Demonstrated ability handling confidential material and information in a professional manner.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of core business hours including evenings and weekend as needed.
- Experience with, and commitment to, social justice issues is a plus.
- Spanish/English bilingual required.
LCLAA offers a full benefits package including a 403b plan, and employer-paid health, dental and vision plans for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.